Sunday 29 November 2009

A version of Morschauser's Rules for the Colonial Era is on the distant horizon

If you are a regular reader of my main blog you will be aware that I have been spending a lot of time recently working on a version of Joseph Morschauser's 'Modern' Period Wargames Rules.

The original idea was to do this so that I could then try to recreate the rules he used to fight his famous colonial wargames but, as so often happens, I have got myself involved in developing my own version of his rules.

This process is now moving towards a conclusion, and when it gets there I think that it should not take me too long to write a version of Morschauser's Wargames Rules for the Colonial Era. When I do I will report my progress here as well as on my main blog.

5 comments:

Duncan in Berlin said...

Hi Rob

Good to see another fellow Colonial enthusiast.

My thing is painting and converting metal & plastic 20mm colonials...

http://osborneradloff.blogspot.com/2009/11/hat-indian-colonials.html

http://osborneradloff.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-have-watched-growth-of-hat-models.html

Duncan in Berlin said...

Good to see another Colonial enthusiast.

My thing is painting and converting metal and plastic 20mm colonials...

http://osborneradloff.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-have-watched-growth-of-hat-models.html

http://osborneradloff.blogspot.com/2009/11/hat-indian-colonials.html

All the very best

Duncan

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Duncan,

Thanks for your messages.

I will be looking at your website pages with interest, especially as 20mm is my favourite scale for figures (I used to have a load of Jacklex figures that I once sold and then regretted selling).

All the best,

Bob

Duncan in Berlin said...

Hi Bob

Sorry for the double entry...so to speak!!

I agree with you - I have a few Jacklex figures left that I hope to have finished soon.

They will go very well with the Navel Brigade I am building using mostly Hat figures.

I'll be posting my current projects at the end of the week.

Cheers and best wishes

Duncan

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

Duncan,

I liked your website and have signed up as a 'follower' so that I can keep in touch with your progress.

Besides a few unpained Jacklex figures that I have left, I also have some 20mm World War I Colonial figures made by TUMBLING DICE. They do German and British troops (both European and African) in their small range and there might be something there to interest you.

Keep up your good work,

All the best,

Bob